An Approved Institution (AI) is registered with Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) under the Baby Bonus Scheme. AIs can be grouped into the following categories:
- Child Care Centre licensed by Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA)
- Kindergarten registered with ECDA or the Council for Private Education (CPE) and special education school registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE) respectively
- Hospitals, clinics and other healthcare institutions licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Pharmacies registered with the Health Sciences Authority (HSA)
- Early intervention programmes registered with MSF
- Optical shops registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- Assistive technology device providers registered either with NCSS, MOH or ACRA
No payment is needed to join as AI. An AI will need to:
- Use direct debit (GIRO) or Baby Bonus NETS Service to deduct basic fees from the Child Development Account (CDA). Any refund on payment made out of the CDA must be made to the CDA through GIRO using the Corporate Bank Account registered with MSF.
- Ensure that CDA funds are used for the child members and/or his siblings. Where the expenditure is a recurrent expense (e.g. monthly school fees) or a one-off cost above $500, AI should request for documentary proof to verify the sibling's relationship, e.g. by checking the birth certificate.
- Maintain records of the CDA transactions for a period of 3 years from the date of the respective transactions.
- Notify MSF of any change in the business particulars within 7 working days of such change.
The Managing Agents for CDA (POSB/DBS, OCBC, Standard Chartered Bank and UOB) will issue Baby Bonus NETS card (click here for images of the card) to the parents. If you are already an existing NETS subscriber, you need not pay any additional fees to activate the Baby Bonus NETS service. An AI can be identified by displaying the
Baby Bonus Sticker that we provide at their premises.
A business entity / centre must be independently registered as a Baby Bonus AI before it can deduct funds from the CDA for approved uses. If a company (e.g. ABC Pte Ltd) owns 3 business entities / centre in 1) AMK, 2) Bedok, 3) Clementi, each entity / centre (i.e. AMK, Bedok and Clementi) must be registered independently as a Baby Bonus AI before it can deduct funds from the CDA for approved uses.
If you are interested to be our partner, you may check your eligibility and join as an AI. For the full Terms and Conditions for AIs, please click
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view pdf documents. Please click
here to install Adobe Acrobat Reader.